Skip to content
- Privacy & Security
- We currently accept orders by phone (510-226-7200 or toll-free at 888-296-7888) and online. Online purchases may be made in any of the following ways:
- You may pay with a credit card at the time you submit your order.
- You may submit your order online, and specify that you will send a check. Your order will not be processed until your check has cleared.
- You may submit your order online, along with a purchase order number, for use with your established credit account with us.
- Credit Application
- You can download and print our credit application. Please fill out and fax to us.
- Freight & Shipping
- Freight will be prepaid and allowed by Affordable Lighting Source on any order totaling $2,500 or more within the limits of the continental United States. Orders not qualified for prepaid freight will be shipped with transportation charges prepaid by Affordable Lighting Source and added to the customer’s account, unless another method is requested by the customer and provided the customer pays for the freight charges. When Affordable Lighting Source bears the cost of shipment, we reserve the right to ship all orders in one complete shipment. Partial shipments may be made at our discretion. Affordable Lighting Source will not be responsible for storage charges beyond the destination address acknowledged by Affordable Lighting Source. All shipments will be made via carrier selected by Affordable Lighting Source who reserves the right to choose origin of shipment and routing.
Shipping dates are approximate and are based on conditions existing at the time of Affordable Lighting Source’s receipt of customer’s firm order and full information. Affordable Lighting Source will in good faith endeavor to ship by the estimated shipping date but it shall not be responsible for any delay or any damage arising there from.
- Merchandise & Claims
- Unless otherwise noted, sales of Affordable Lighting Source products will be F.O.B. our premises. Title and risk of loss to all products shall pass from Affordable Lighting Source to our customers upon execution of a bill of lading or tender of freight to carrier’s agent or customer’s agent, whichever shall first occur. When shipments of Affordable Lighting Source products are to be made via company truck, title and risk of loss to the product shall pass to our customers at time of delivery to the final destination or to the forwarding carrier. All claims for loss or damage in transit must be made by customers to both the carrier and Affordable Lighting Source within five (5) working days.
- No merchandise shall be returned by the customer without prior written consent and authorization in the form of a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) which has been issued by Affordable Lighting Source expressly for the merchandise to be returned. This RGA will be issued at the sole discretion of Affordable Lighting Source and must be requested by the customer within 30 days of the original shipment date. Returned merchandise must be in its original sealed cartons. All returned merchandise must be in salable condition in order to qualify for credit. No special products, non-stocking products, custom-made products, outdated or modified versions of cataloged factory stocking items may be returned by the customer. Except for products considered by Affordable Lighting Source to be defective in workmanship or materials, all returns will be subject to a minimum 35% handling and inspection charge, and a deduction will be made for the freight expense of the original shipment. Merchandise accepted for return must be shipped prepaid to our facility or other destination specified by Affordable Lighting Source. Please call 510-226-7200 for your RGA number.
- Affordable Lighting Source will accept order cancellations from customers only if the cancellations are sent to Affordable Lighting Source in writing and received prior to shipment of the order. Verbal order cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellation charges shall be those costs incurred by Affordable Lighting Source, but not less than 10% of the value of an order. All costs for warehousing and freight on orders cancelled after shipment and/or refused at destination will be charged to the customer. Affordable Lighting Source reserves the right to impose on the customer an additional charge of 25% of the value of an order if the order is cancelled after it has been processed for shipment.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. We will ship merchandise at prices prevailing at the time of shipment. Prices are exclusive of sales, use, excise or similar taxes unless otherwise noted.
- Standard Package Policy And/Or “Broken Carton” Charge
- Affordable Lighting Source will ship the order as written, but it will reserve the right to apply a broken carton charge of $5.00 to each catalog number so ordered which is not in box quantity.
- Affordable Lighting Source in no way, express or implied, accepts responsibility for voltage determination. Affordable Lighting Source shall not be responsible for quotations of prices or specifications concerning non-catalogued products, unless Affordable Lighting Source confirms this to the customer in writing. Catalogued items are those listed in Affordable Lighting Source’s current price sheets. Dimensions of fixtures and color modifications are subject to change without notice. Unless specifically agreed by Affordable Lighting Source in writing, we do not warrant compliance of our products with individual project specifications.
- Typographical or clerical errors in quotation orders or acknowledgments are subject to correction.
- The dimensions in catalogs and price lists are normally accurate, but are not to be used for construction purposes.
- Product Design
- Affordable Lighting Source reserves the right to change, discontinue or modify the design and construction of any of its products and to substitute material equal to or superior to that originally specified.
- Conditions Of Sale
- WARRANTY AND OBLIGATIONS
THE FOLLOWING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT BY WAY OF LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Affordable Lighting Source warrants that products sold will, upon shipment, be free of defects of workmanship or material under normal and proper usage. Should any failure to conform to this warranty become apparent during the warranty period (in most cases one year after the date of shipment) Affordable Lighting Source must be notified in writing. Affordable Lighting Source is not responsible for labor costs in connection with the installation, removal or replacement of warranted products or for any consequential damages. Affordable Lighting Source further reserves the right to refuse to honor the above warranty for any product(s) altered, improperly installed in application for which not intended. In no event and under no circumstances shall Affordable Lighting Source be liable to the purchaser or to any other person for any indirect, special, consequential or incidental losses or damages including, without limitation, lost profits except to the extent that liability for personal injury or property damage may be imposed upon Affordable Lighting Source by law. As used herein, the term ”person” shall include, without limitation, any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or other entity.
This warranty does not apply to Affordable Lighting Source products which have been altered or repaired outside of Affordable Lighting Source’s facility or which have been subject to neglect, abuse, misuse or accident (including shipping damages).
- Limitation Of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL AFFORDABLE LIGHTING SOURCE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR IN TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) NOR FOR LOST PROFITS; NOR SHALL THE LIABILITY OF AFFORDABLE LIGHTING SOURCE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, DELIVERY, USE, MAINTENANCE, REPAIR OR MODIFICATION OF THE PRODUCTS, OR SUPPLY OF ANY REPLACEMENT PARTS THEREFORE, EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCTS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ANY LIABILITY FOR DEFAULT UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS, PARTS, OR SERVICES DELIVERED HEREUNDER WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, FAILURE OF OR DELAY IN DELIVERY, OR OTHERWISE.